Ultrasn0w Unlocks iPhone 4 to work for T-Mobile, Sprint and others
Now everyone is disappointed that the iPhone 4 is not available for other carriers, but that’s only for the US. Internationally the phone is unlocked to work with any carriers its only here does a carrier lock a phone to work primarily with their service – not anymore.
The company Ultrasn0w who has been offering unlocking services for previous version of iPhones have now offers it for the new iPhone 4 which comes as great news to who wants to obtain the iPhone but not switch to VERY expensive AT&T.
The one thing though, is to unlock the iPhone 4 you will have to JailBeak it, which voids the warrenty with apple.
Here are the instructions taken directly from redmodpie.com:
NOTE: T-Mobile US users will have to disable 3G by navigation to: Settings->General->Network and turning the "Enable 3G" switch to OFF before installing the ultrasn0w unlock.
How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1:
Step 1: Unlocking requires that your phone is jailbroken on the latest firmware. Follow the complete guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 using JailbreakMe 2.0.
How to: Unlock iPhone 4 (Any Baseband) on iOS 4.0.1:
Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone on any baseband using Ultrasn0w 1.0-1 from Cydia. To do this:
- Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
- Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on“Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 1.0-1” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 4 !
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing & educational purposes only. I’m not responsible for any loss of important data or malfunctioning of your iPhone.
by Maurice Cox